Re: Re: [Fedora Update] [old_testing] rakarrack-0.2.0-5.fc8 / fc9

Dnia 2008-11-09, o godz. 23:32:06 David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

> On the help file, I want to lengths to get the app internal paths
> patched to use fedora standard locations for the help files. This seems
> to work on F9, both help and license are correctly shown. Is that the
> ones you are having trouble with on your rawhide machine ?
Yes, and the help browser says:
Unable to follow the link "/usr/share/doc/rakarrack/html/help.html" - No such file or directory.
The content is in /usr/share/doc/rakarrack-0.2.0/html/, so your patch isn't
in effect on rawhide.

> Can you normally disconnect a jack stream from a live application and
> not cause trouble ?
It depends on what you call "trouble". I expect an error dialog, but not
hanging/crash of an application. I remember routing sound via gnuitar to
audacity and error dialogs were all I've got.

> I did wonder whether rakarrack authors did this for a reason
> - like the contrasting colours being easy to see when not really seated
> at the computer, but in guitar playing position...
It simply looks better on their screens :) I'm on a GNOME desktop using
Darklooks GTK+ theme, which FLTK tries to use to some extent (and fails). I've
tried providing it with a default rakarrack.prefs.db, but it won't fix my
problem completely, as they apparently use some background colour from theme
for foreground text. They are apparently developing this app on a
black-on-white desktop and want it to be in reverse. Not a greatest desktop
integration I say :)

> Do you have much experience with jack and/or apps using jack ?
> The reason I ask, is a setting up jack document suggested the use of say
> qjackctl to start and connect the jack streams is generally required
Other JACK-aware apps try to implement their own GUIs which are more
user-friendly and make qjackctl redundant in simple two-app setups. rakarrack
is no different, only it implements the GUI only for sinks for its output :)

So rakarrack connects to system output by default. I'd rather expect it to
connect to input and wait for me to tell it where to output, but maybe it's
just me :)

> And cool, thank for trying it out Lam.
My pleasure and a realy fine app :)

Lam