Re: ardour 2.4 was out

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 21:52 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 16:03 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
ZC Miao wrote:
[quote]
Ardour 2.4 released
Submitted by paul on Mon, 2008-03-31 21:03. :: Articles
Well, its over a month later than expected, but Ardour 2.4 is finally
here. A respectable list of new features, many small improvements and an
important set of bug fixes make up the news for this one. Read more
below ...
[/quote]

So, when will we get it in F8?

In F-8, I dunno, it is on its way to rawhide / F-9 beta now. Considering that this not purely a bug fix release I'm not sure if we want to release this as an update to F-8. What do others on this list think?
I would release it on Fedora 8. It has bug fixes and I think other users
would probably appreciate having the latest.
You could grab the srpm from rawhide and build it for F-8, and provide us with some feedback on it, that might help.
I'll probably try a release in the Planet CCRMA testing repos...
Since there seems much demand for this I've just pushed a build of ardour-2.4 to the F-8 updates-testing repo (it will show up there with the next update of the update repositories). Please give this a thorough testing, then in a couple of weeks I'll push it to the regular updates repo.

Thanks...
For my current testing build for Fedora < 9 I use the libraries that
come with Ardour and not the system libraries. I would recommend you do
that too. Last I heard it was a big no-no to replace the internal
libsndfile with the system one, unless things have changed it is going
to break things. Better check with Paul...

We don't use the system libsnd, only those systemlibs which get enabled by passing SYSLIB=1 to SConstruct, which does not include libsnd.

Regards,

Hans