Re: Ardour 2.2 upgrade issue

Hans de Goede wrote:
I think it would be best to put the real ardour binary under /usr/libexec and put a bash script called ardour under /usr/bin, this script could then check for an ~/.ardour2/ardourver2.2 file, and if that not exits remove the 3 files mentioned above (if they exist, or use rm -f), then it would touch ~/.ardour2/ardourver2.2 (after an mkdir -p ~/.ardour2) and finally end with:
exec /usr/libexec/ardour "$@"

Ok, I've kicked off a devel build of ardour 2.2 with the changes you described. It should show up in rawhide soon (assuming the build completes). Please have a look if you can. If it looks good, then I'll probably push it out to F8 as well.

Thanks,

AG