Re: jackd and PulseAudio

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 17:15 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
> I just did an in-place fc6-to-f8 upgrade and it went pretty smoothly.

Cool! Do you have a "how I did it" page somewhere? Would be very
useful...

> One gotcha was I had to adjust the qjackd settings thusly:
>
> 1. Change "Server Path" on qjackctl's Setup page to "pasuspender jackd
> --".  This suspends PulseAudio so it isn't hogging the ALSA ports while
> I'm running jackd.

Ahh, good to know. The Planet CCRMA jack package for f8 should have that
in place by default. Works fine otherwise?

> 2. Change the "Interface" setting to "hw:0" from "default".  jackd
> wouldn't start up otherwise.  Any idea why?

That should the default except I'm not sure I want to force that. By
default "default" used to go through the dmix plugin and you really
don't want any plugin in between jack and the soundcard. "hw:0" is the
right thing to do.

-- Fernando