Re: Getting started?

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 16:39 +0200, Frode Petersen wrote:
> Ant skrev:
> > Ive been on this list for a while, and have noted that its been somewhat
> > quiet. So i've just googled Ardour seeing it mentioned and it looks
> > great! Ive kept googling, and there seems to be a hole where FC6 is.
> > Like many probably I currently run FC6, and according to most references
> > up to FC5 is supported, although there is a couple of mentions of FC7.
> >
> > Do the packages exist for FC6, and if so, where? Can anyone recommend a
> > couple of good apps to take a look at?
> >

> Try this repository:
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/6/x86_64/
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/6/i386/
>
> The link to the hompage:
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Docs out of date, see:
http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrmanews/2006-November/000047.html

Basically install "planetccrma-core" and you will get a realtime kernel,
irq ordering script, pam with realtime access enabled by default, etc,
etc (if you need/want low latency you need all that). Then
"planetccrma-apps" will get you most of the applications from both
Extras and Planet CCRMA[*].

-- Fernando

[*] and "planetccrma-menus" will add a nice hierarchical menu with
sound/music apps nicely categorized, at least the ones coming from
Planet CCRMA.