jack-dssi-host wrapper?

Hey Callum,

	In the bugzilla for my hexter review you mentioned that we should make
a icon/menu entry for hexter (as symlinked to jack-dssi-host) because it
silently fails when jackd isn't running.  I agree that this is a
problem.  The (hopefully temporary) solution I'm proposing is that we
either mod jack-dssi-host to complain with a dialog box, or we wrap
jack-dssi-host in a script that tests for jackd and pops up a dialog box
complaint if required.

	I think having hexter, whysynth, etc in the menu system is worth this
little extra bit of work.  Are you (or anybody else) opposed to this
solution?  Are either of my proposals better than the other?

	(I say "hopefully temporary" because I'm hopeful that one day the jack
api will always be available in the desktop - at least that's what has
suggested in monty's fudcon video).

AG