Re: CCRMA kernel in FC5?

On Sat, 27 May 2006, thewade wrote:
I have sucuessfuly install fedora core 5 but I can't seem to run yum -y update because of my ccrma yum repo. Could someone give me an iea of how my planetCCRMA.repo should look? I ask because the url Fernando posted looks different the the url's in my repo that worked for FC4.

It is different, the fc5 url is inside the repository itself and not a separate directory as before.

See this for some instructions:
 http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrmanews/2006-May/000034.html
Install the configuration package and you should be up and running.

-- Fernando

My planetCCRMA.repo:
[os]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/core/os/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/configuration/all/RPM-GPG-KEY.planetccrma.txt

[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/core/updates/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/configuration/all/RPM-GPG-KEY.planetccrma.txt

[planetccrma]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Apps
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/planetccrma/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/configuration/all/RPM-GPG-KEY.planetccrma.txt

[planetcore]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Core
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/planetcore/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/configuration/all/RPM-GPG-KEY.planetccrma.txt

[planetedge]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Core
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/planetedge/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/configuration/all/RPM-GPG-KEY.planetccrma.txt

And the latest version of Gem works in FC5 without disabeling ARB! Sweet! Now to test audio...

THanks all!
-wade