Re: Alsa tools and firmware

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
It really gets more and more confusing -- some of the Fedora mailing
list use ugly things ling mangling Subjects (Like the
), others don't (which is good).
This is essential, and many of us would not be able to subscribe to low-volume lists if they didn't identify themselves in the subject of their mail. The other option is to post-process the subject through procmail in order to munge the subject myself, but then my replies look odd, and I have to make an extra effort for every list.

The same with reply to -- some of our lists mangle the "Reply to" so
each reply goes to the list. Others (like this list) don't do that.
That's really really confusing and annoying.
Reply-to munging is a matter of the list policy. Many lists prefer that threads not migrate off-list by accident. By setting a reply-to, the risk becomes private messages going to the list. Some list admins prefer it that way. I'm actually on one list that combines the worst of both worlds: no reply-to change, and the list will bounce any mail that includes any other To or Cc targets :-/
I think it's time for a general Fedora mailing list policy so all
(most?) of our lists use the same behavior.
Hrm... The Fedora mailing lists are probably too diverse at this point to impose anything that sweeping to all of them.