Re: Join as a Regional Ambassador Mentor of APAC Bangladesh.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:03 AM, irejaul <rejaulislam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am Rejaul Islam Ambassador from Bangladesh (within APAC), interested to
> join as a Regional Ambassador Mentor for APAC Bangladesh .
> Please know me the process how can i
> join this http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_choose_a_mentor
> I am waiting for your response also Thank you in advance for your
> valuable time.
> The students are use Fedora, day by day increase the user of Fedora
> in Bangladesh, most of the students are CSE, EEE, IT departments. Most of
> the students contact with me also give them Fedora DVD. I am very happy
> because most of the student know about Fedora, its a part of Fedora
> Marketing also I wish I will increase the Fedora User in Bangladesh in other
> countries.

Hi Rejaul, you don't need to be a Regional mentor to actually mentor
would-be ambassadors - it's just a label. Please don't stop that from
helping out students as you have already mentioned.

Although one would need to be a Regional mentor to get a thumbs up in
the approval process, we also rely on local ambassadors to provide
feedback on an applicant. Among other things, that's where the trust
and other intangibles get built.

--herson