Re: Joining Fedora Mentors

Hi,

--- On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:48 PM, sankarshan
<foss.mailinglists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| They aren't. But you bring up a fine point. Currently, they are (for
| India at least) being processed via the Trac.
\--

I was wondering if we could have a minimal checklist items for each
new joinee that they must do (and ascertain them), before they can
start to work on a Fedora sub-project of their interest.

For example, instead of having to repeat to each new joinee to create
an IRC nickname, register the nickname, join the Fedora mailing lists,
create a blog, add the blog to the planet etc., if we give them a
checklist when they create a FAS account, they can change the status
of each checklist item to 'completed' when they finish it.

Yes, these are mundane tasks, and they ought to be verified, if they
can be. It will help us to focus more on sub-project work.

When they have completed the required items and checked them, they can
then start to work with mentors from a sub-project. Each mentor has
their own style of work, which is fine, and it is best left to the
mentor on how they want to work, as long as it confines to the realms
of the project and goals.

I see that FAS uses turbogears and postgresql for the backend. I am
not sure about the Infrastructure constraints though.

Just some thoughts,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan