Re: Self-introduction and in need of some guidance.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Lionel Fernandes wrote:
> Ok sure. It might be a good starting point. So I should test the examples
> that are in the packages of the FEL LiveDVD, correct?
> I'll try to do it as soon as I can.

Hello Lionel,

Every FEL packages in the Livedvd are available on Fedora-10. If you
have F-10, there is no need to download the livedvd.

I would appreciate if you could install:
- netgen
- magic-doc
- xcircuit
- irsim
- gnucap
- toped
- ngspice
- alliance
- gtkwave
- ghdl
- freehdl
- qucs
- octave-forge
- qtoctave

Then have a look at their respective /usr/share/doc
Then try to run the examples.

It would be nice to run "rpmlint" again for each.

I would appreciate if you could tabulate all your difficulties or
findings in the following table:

Application | Version | Documentation defects | Examples defects |
Other comments.
                  |              |

Another idea would be having a look at opensuse, ubuntu and debian
bugzilla/launchpad to see if they have open bugs about the above
tools. Then point out if our fedora packages are subjected to those
bugs. Unfortunately, these distributions don't send their patches to
upstream.

Once you are done, I'll contact every upstream to inform them about
some eventual changes that need to be done.

Cheers,
Chitlesh