Re: Self-introduction and in need of some guidance.

Hi Lionel,

welcome on Mentor board.

Armelk

Le 4 déc. 08 à 06:30, "Lionel Fernandes" <lsfe87@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi. I want to join/help fedora project in some way but I'm having some trouble to decide what to do. I've been thinking and reading about the different areas in fedora project but it didn't occur me anything. I'll give you some info about me so you can maybe give me some hints. I'm from Portugal and I'm studying Computer Science, currently on my 3rd year, I use linux for about 3-4 years and used quite a few distros like Slackware, Fedora, openSuSE, Ubuntu, LFS. I use linux as my main operating system and environment for all the programming I need. I can program on C language, C++, some XHTML and CSS and shell scripting. I love linux and Fedora and I'm always trying to learn as much as I can about it. It's one of my passions. I'd love to be a linux sysadmin one day. I've a little home server until that day comes. lol :p I already gave some support on #fedora channel too. I don't have much free time (I guess no one has) but I want to join a fedora team and help the fedora project. I would appreciate some input from you, mentors, so I can make a decision. What do you think that suits me better? What are the areas that currently need more help and more concretely in which way? How could I help right now? I already read the wiki about the different areas but I wasn't able to make a decision yet.

Thanks in advance,

Lionel Fernandes