Re: adesklets.spec

On Jun 10, 2007, at 12:52 AM, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

Double post but I have removed gcc etc from the list here
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/FullExceptionList

<adesklets.spec>

Hi Marc, I took a look at your spec file. Now, keep in mind that I don't often (ie. ever) do package reviews, but here's my advise FWIW:

Overall the spec looks very good. I did make a few changes which I outline below and are in the attached spec file. Once you get your package built, I would also recommend running rpmlint against it to see what it says.

-Use macros for perl, python directories. Add the python macro definition at the top of the spec; perl macro is already defined in rpm.
-Source0 should be a full URL
-I think that naming the patch with the package name-version is helpful
-Try building your package without the 'Requires' line and see if rpmbuild is able to automatically pull in requires for at least perl & python (I think it will).
-Change %patch to %patch0

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jeff