Re: GSoC proposal for a offline package update/install tool

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
I would like to develop an offline package update/installation tool or
a similar enhancement for Pirut for this year's Summer of Code. Here
is the draft: http://glug-nith.org/~rishi/download/soc/soc-proposal-fedora-offline

Is this too easy for a Summer of Code project?

This site is either too slow or completely timing out. Perhaps you can just use the fedoraproject.org wiki under your name space since you have write access to it. The proposal itself is not accessible I havent look at the details but the best thing you can do is to talk to the developers involved like Seth Vidal (irc nick:skvidal) and Jeremy Katz (irc nick:jeremy) (both CC'ed) to check what they think about the proposal and whether they have time to be your mentor admist Fedora 7 development.

Rahul