Re: [Ambassadors] Re: [Feature Profiles] Feedback request

On 12/17/2017 11:43 PM, Alberto Rodríguez Sánchez wrote:
> Hi all (again)
>
> Sorry the last mail was a little general and vague i think (thanks
> Justin for pointing it)

Thanks for the clarification. :)

> We want to know if:
>
> 1.- Have you ever used Feature profiles?

My understanding is that feature profiles are handy "reference" pages to
talk about major new features in a Fedora release. I have not used them
because I haven't seen them produced since I became involved in Fedora.

> 2.- Do you think they are useful for the ambassadors tasks?

I find them useful to understand exciting new technical features. I'm
not always up-to-date on those things.

> 3.- After reviewing the SOP [1], Do you thing that is ok?, you want add,
> delete or update something?

Looking at: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_profiles_SOP

It's interesting that they take an interview format with developers. To
me, I would look to the Community Blog for this, to get the
"storytelling" angle mentioned in the SOP. Maybe they could be updated
to go from the wiki to the Community Blog in a special category or tag.

> 4.- Create this feature profiles is a task for marketing team only?
> ambassadors and/or mindshare can help to improve it?

I see it as an important task for Mindshare since it involves
collaborating and working together with people in different groups.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory