Re: Do we want to promote Fedora as "Linux"? How *do* we want people to find us?

I'm sorry, I didn't make it clear what I was trying to say. I was saying we should make a LTS edition for beginners and keep the current edition of Workstation for testers.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:51 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:31:34AM -0700, Sean robinson wrote:
> Honestly, the ideal thing to do would be to market it as it is: "Fedora
> Linux," It gives our distribution some independence.

Independence from what?

> We should also start focusing on the market of testers.

Is there a market of testers? Who are they, what do they want? Are they
interested in testing all things, or just certain specific things?

> Because we are a bleeding edge distro.

We aren't, though. We strive to be a leading edge distro *without* the
blood.

> The android path seems like a better method to reach the kind of people
> that Fedora seems to reach in its current marketing approach. Bleeding edge
> testers, If we wanted to market it towards your typical computer user, the
> development team needs to make a LTS edition. Imagine a more true-to-fedora
> version of the Chapeau remix. Chapeau is honestly a few steps ahead of us
> in marketing to normal-PC users. The faster we can turn Fedora into the
> first result when someone searches "Beginner Linux" The larger amount of
> people we could be promoting Fedora, linux, and programming to could help
> the Fedora distro massively. But we need to get in contact with the
> development team regarding making an LTS Edition

Is "beginner linux" what we want? How does that match with testers, or
with leading or "bleeding" edge?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>