Re: Flock 2017 - talk proposal

On 06/22/2017 04:33 AM, Gabriele Trombini wrote:
> Hello team,
>
> I've submitted s talk proposal for the Flock 2017 (sorry for the late
> notice), and I'd like discuss with the team the guiding lines for it.
>
> The topic is:
> "Marketing - tasks and visions
> We would see the light: an overview of marketing that today actually
> struggling but that dreams a bright future becoming true"
>
> I still don't know if will be accepted or not, but in the wait of a
> response, I'd like to know if there are any argument I should touch you
> think it's worth to explain.
>
> I saw the project report Eduardo and Brian explained to the Council,
> and, of course, I'd like to add some extrapolations for the talk (just
> for reminder) if the authors will allow.
>
> My idea is, at first, to illustrate what mktg is doing, tasks and jobs,
> and what we need to get really productive for the continuous work we
> have to do.
>
> In the second, and most important for my purpose,  part (the talk is 60
> min. long), I'd like to give hints to the next FOSCo (or whatever else)
> about what marketing is expecting by the new body (if it happens) and
> defining some future strategy proposal to the Council. At the end give
> the spark for a sort of mindsharing with the attending people to get new
> ideas (and project) to follow.
>
> We know other distros are stronger than us in the marketing, so I'd like
> to reach them (and overcome them, if possible) with the community help.
>
> This is only an idea sketch that I'd like develop with you.
>
> If there's someone who want to be a co-speaker please show up, I'll be
> glad about that.

Hi Gabri! Thanks for starting this thread.

Now that Flock is coming up, we should probably try to devote some
discussion time to this. Do you have an outline of what we want to try
to accomplish in the session yet? If not, we can start an Etherpad and
try drafting some of these things out.

I'm assuming that this session was likely accepted, but wanting to see
where we are with this now. :) It might also be a good idea to file a
ticket for this in our Pagure as well. Coordinating with some of our
remote team members will be important too since they won't be at Flock.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory