Re: [commops] Re: Students as a marketing/outreach audience (Reviving the University Outreach Objective?)

On 07/27/2017 10:17 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 05:47:00PM +0000, Justin W. Flory wrote:
>> Ideally, all of these efforts would fit nicely underneath the University
>> Involvement Initiative, but the feedback we received before was to tie
>> these efforts into the Initiative, but it felt like a driver-less car.
>> It isn't clear to contributors about how to tie these projects into the
>> Initiative because there isn't anyone actively leading development
>> forward on it as of today. I think there is a lot of momentum to
>> accomplish these tasks, but it felt like a showstopper when we tried to
>> "upstream" the work into the Initiative since it didn't feel like there
>> was anyone to communicate or work with.
>
> How about: scrap the Initiative as it was and propose *this* as a new
> initiative?

My opinion is that it would be the same to reboot the initiative or to
propose what we have now as the new one, but I think the missing
ingredient is a driver to help move things forward. This would be
something I am interested in, but I wouldn't have the time to devote the
attention I think something like this needs until early 2018.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory