Re: Fedora User Handbook Project

Matthew Miller píše v St 29. 03. 2017 v 11:31 -0400:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:19:43PM +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > I've finally found time to push forward the "Getting Started with
> > Fedora" handbook.
>
> I know you asked for feedback earlier and I didn't get to it --
> sorry.
> I do have some more comments, but my primary ones are:
>
> First, this is really great — it's a good idea and good work.
>
> Second, from a marketing perspective, I would like to see this more
> branded as a _Fedora Workstation_ guide. I know it makes the at some
> places, but I think it should be more clear throughout: "Fedora"
> should
> be used to refer to _the project as a whole_ — let's not say things
> like "It is possible to install Fedora", but rather "It is possible
> install Fedora Editions and Spins..." or for the purpose of the
> focused
> guide, "It is possible to install Fedora Workstation....".
>
> This seems nitpicky, but it's an important branding thing. I know
> that
> Workstation is likely to be the primary Fedora product that the
> target
> audience is interested in, but just calling Workstation "Fedora" as
> shorthand deflates the edition differentiation.

Hi Matthew,
I completely agree. The handbook focuses on Workstation and the
branding should be aligned with that. We can still keep the chapter at
the end where we point readers to other editions of Fedora.

This will mostly affect the cover which is currently being refreshed by
the design team.

Jiri