Re: Stack Exchange Community Promotion Ads

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017, at 04:11 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Earlier in 2016, I put a number of (free) ads on
> unix.stackexchange.com. It's interesting to see, at the end of the
> year, how these did.
>
> unix.stackexchange.com:
> http://meta.unix.stackexchange.com/ads/display/3854
>
> * Fedora Server:      0.73 clicks per day
> * Fedora Cloud:       1.08 clicks per day
> * Fedora Workstation: 1.80 clicks per day
> * Fedora Atomic:      2.10 clicks per day
> * Fedora Magazine:    1.17 clicks per day

This is great data and I'd like to see us build a database of both
performance and where we are actually running these kinds of
experiments.

Looking at these particular ads and the others on the page, I think we
should consider making our logos bigger and adding the Fedora 'f'.  We
seem to have a text heavy ad compared to others.  I am not saying that
is why our clicks are what they are, but I think we should engage design
for a better design.

Can we swap the ads out easily?  That would allow us to pick things to
focus on and run ads targeting specific features at release time.

regards,

bex