Re: Fedora marketing meeting time poll

On 11/22/2016 10:12 AM, Benson Muite wrote:

On 11/17/2016 04:15 AM, Justin W. Flory wrote:
On 11/15/2016 06:10 AM, Benson Muite wrote:
A poll to possibly change the meeting time is at:

https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/anonymous/FedoraMarketing/

Times are UTC - you will need to do a conversion (hope to add this
feature) but for now the site below may be helpful:
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

Marketing and website developers, comments and suggestions on the
polling software also appreciated. The code can be found at:
https://github.com/kellerben/dudle

One thing might be to add Fedora css style sheet if can find a host for
it, such as poll.fedoraproject.org or fedoraproject.org/poll

Regards,
Benson

Hi Benson, thanks for organizing this! I think choosing a new meeting
time will definitely be helpful for us. However, I'm reluctant about
choosing new times *right now* for a couple of reasons. I don't yet
have my final schedule for my courses next semester yet, but I should
know these by the end of December. Additionally, I will be going
overseas to Europe as well in January (until May or longer), so this
may impact the times I am available at as well. I'm hoping that I
might actually be able to attend some more meetings in December and
early January.

I would definitely like to participate / run Marketing meetings again
if I can commit to the time slot. However, I'm afraid of the same
thing as before happening again, where we choose a new time, and then
an unexpected change makes it impossible for me to attend. Do we want
to try checking back in towards the end of December about this? I'd be
curious to know yours and others' thoughts as well.

That is fine for me. If will be continuing with only a few people, may
need to consider some other arrangement as well due to time differences.
Will there be a hub for marketing or will it be combined with some other
group?

Ideally, the Marketing team will have a hub in the up-and-coming Fedora Hubs project.

     https://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-hubs/

However, it isn't likely this will be fully ready any time soon (it's under active development). For now, the traditional methods will still be used. Hope this answers your question!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory