Article Series/Badge Idea

Sirko recently wrote on his blog about awarding the F24 Release Party
Organizer badge only to people who wrote event reports[0]

This got me thinking.  I wonder if we should propose a new badge and
create a new Magazine or Comm Blog Article series.

Have a wiki, trac or other method by which people can submit the urls
for event reports they write on their blogs.  Once a month someone can
summarize them into a link post.  A few words about what is after each
link and a link list.  I suggest a title along the lines of "What
happened in Fedora last month around the world".  Yes, that needs work.

The article should be a fairly fast and easy piece to write.  It would
be a great article for new writers to write as well.

The corresponding badge series would be awarded to every blogger whose
article gets listed in the link list.  It will need to be manually
awarded, but is only once per month.  The series could be titled
something like "Fedora Reporter" with levels like wiki editing, etc.
Artwork could be a newspaper seller holding a newspaper and saying
"Extra Extra" (or if that is too Americentric, saying nothing.

My goal here is to increase the number of event reports and to allow the
Project to leverage them for additional PR.

I believe that the badge should only be awarded for event reports.  So
if someone just posts a photo collection we can give them a paparazzi
badge or something similar.  We can make it clear that we are looking
for a detailed event report that covers the basics.  They don't need to
be transcripts.  We can provide a set of questions to help guide
writers, but not require them.

Comments?

regards,

bex