Re: Fedora Branding in Mobile App

Hey Arvind,

On 07/12/2016 09:14 AM, Arvind Chembarpu wrote:
Hi,

I've been working on a Fedora news hub, to be released as an app (which will be open-sourced).
I was hoping to be able to use Fedora branding for the app, when publishing it on app stores.

I've emailed the @logo alias [1], but as stated in the wiki [2], I understand it takes time for a response.
However, I was hoping to get some additional guidance from the Marketing team about the procedure and permissions involved.

If anyone has any ideas or can help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Cheers,
Arvind Chembarpu
[achembar@xxxxxxxxxx]
Fedora QA Intern, Red Hat Bangalore

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the slow response here. I think in this instance, it will be best to receive a response from logo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx about this. For something like this, it's hard to be able to say whether it's appropriate without knowing more details or context, and even then, I don't think it's in our authority to authorize or grant permissions for using the logo.

Seeing as how it has been a month, I think you could directly ping "spot" on freenode IRC as he's the current maintainer of the email, and should be able to give some context to where the status of responding to the request is. There's also a chance the email was just buried (I'm not sure where the logo@ email directs to exactly).

Hope this all helps!

[1] Email thread: