Re: [commops] FedoraMag Wordpress Blog API

On 06/29/2016 04:06 AM, Arvind Chembarpu wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm Arvind, and I'm working as a Fedora QA Intern, with Sudhir D (Fedora QA Manager) at Red Hat Bangalore.

I was working on a hub to view all Fedora news in a seamless interface, and I was hoping to use the default Wordpress API to accomplish this.
However, it looks like the API has been disabled manually, since all the endpoints under `http://fedoramagazine.org/wp-json/v2/` and `http://fedoramagazine.org/wp-json/` are returning 404 error statuses.
Would it be possible to re-enable these? If not, could you point me towards another way to obtain FedoraMagazine post links?

Cheers,
Arvind Chembarpu
[achembar@xxxxxxxxxx]

Hi Arvind!

For the Fedora Magazine, the best place to discuss it is on the Marketing mailing list, which I am including in this response. The Community Operations team handles the Community Blog (which is also a WordPress site).

I think discussion about the API came up before, but I don't remember what came of it or where it went. The best points of contact about this would probably be Patrick Uiterwijk (puiterwijk on freenode IRC) or Paul Frields (stickster on freenode IRC). I know Paul is at Summit this week, so you might not hear from him this week, but you can probably find Patrick on IRC, and he could tell you more about whether this is feasible or not.

Hope this helps!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory