Re: Fedora development of Snap packages

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 05:08:07PM +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Snappy fundamentally relies on apparmour to do confinement (i.e. it
> doesn't use filesystem namespaces like flatpak), how does this work on
> fedora? You can't use selinux and apparmour at the same time, so this
> shouldn't be able to work, unless they disable the containment feature.

As I understand it, that's exactly what they do — there's a new
"--disable-confinement" flag which is used¹. Additionally the COPR
instructions² ask users to switch SELinux to permissive mode for F24
(but note that "this restriction will be lifted later).

1. http://copr-dist-git.fedorainfracloud.org/cgit/zyga/snapcore/snap-confine.git/tree/snap-confine.spec?id=09ccbb9f0537e2f519b18c8d8ef5613f1cabf5cc
2. https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/zyga/snapcore/

--
Matthew Miller