Re: [New pitch] Smart lighting solution with Arduino on Fedora 22 [Review Required]

On 06/07/2016 04:26 AM, Sumantro Mukherjee wrote:
Hey All,

I have drafted a post which is on the IoT and how easily we can get started with it. I have made this as a POC with bare min and kept it very simple for easy understanding of readers.

https://fedoramagazine.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=13254&action=edit

I would like someone to help me out with the review !

Hi Sumantro,

I just took some time to review and edit the article. Overall, I think this is a pretty good piece and shows off some of the cool things you can do with Fedora and Arduino!

There were a few comments / questions I had while reading the article, and I inserted little <!-- comments --> with questions that I thought could be explained a little more or maybe go into a little more detail. One thing I was a little confused about while reading was what exactly jonny-five and narf do, for example. It might be a good idea to explain to the readers what those are, how they work, and how they allow us to control the light switch.

You can see a public preview of the article here:

    https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=13254&preview=1&_ppp=dc2025ae28

Also, one more tip when writing posts, it might be easier if you can start the draft inside of the Magazine - it seems like the editor you were using copied in a lot of <div> <span> and other tags that make it tricky for WordPress to format. I had to spend some extra time removing those from the article for it to display normally. It will be time-saving for myself and other editors when new pitches / drafts are started as new articles within Fedora Magazine itself.

Thanks for submitting this article, and let me know what you think of the edits! Thanks for your time on this one.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory