Re: Intro: Martino Jones

On 05/26/2016 07:29 PM, Martino Jones wrote:
Hi all,

My name is Martino Jones, I have been using Fedora for the past year and really enjoy the distro. I have used Linux since high school, so I have a lot of experience; however, I'm not an expert, I'm still learning. I think I would rate my experience at advanced. I use Fedora as my desktop distro for class work: programming, scripting, security tools, writing, etc. I have also used Fedora for gaming, I use the proprietary Nvidia graphics drivers and Steam. I'm a college student with an Assoc. in Computer and Network Security and I'm obtaining my B.S. in Applied Information Assurance.

I really like Fedora, I've gotten some of my friends to try it out, but some of them are turned off by the support pages. Sometimes I make a YouTube video or blog post on my personal site to help people along the way (focusing on both terminal and GUI), but I think it would be best if I help with the documentation. I see Fedora growing more and more and it's really exciting to see. I wish to help with the documentation, and hope this is the right way to get started.

Hey Martino, welcome to the Marketing list! Sounds like you have a fair amount of background with Fedora, which is awesome to hear. I'm sure you've also found some useful tips and tricks over the years as a student too that might be good to share.

By the sounds of your introduction, you might also be interested in contributing to the Fedora Docs team too with Marketing. As far as the actual documentation / release notes for Fedora goes, the Docs team handles the technical writing and management of those resources. You can find out more about them here:

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_contribute_to_Docs

As for the Marketing list, you may find writing about some of the tools and software you're using enjoyable as well. If there's any software you think you could write a how-to for, development tools you're excited about, or anything else Fedora-related you think you could write about it, we'd love to have you contribute to the Magazine!

You can find some more out about the procedure for writing on the Magazine at the following links. Your next step to write for the Magazine would be to draft a pitch.

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-a-new-pitch/

Hopefully you find all of these resources useful for getting started. If you have any questions, please reach out to us and let us know what we can do to help. Looking forward to seeing what you might come up with. :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory