Israel Pineda [New Contributor for Fedora Magazine]

Hi Fedora Magazine,

I read that Fedora Magazine is looking for contributors and I would like to introduce myself.

I am Israel Pineda. Currently, I am a Ph.D. student of Computer Science. Previously I got my master and my bachelor degrees in the same field. Between my bachelor and my master degree, I went to industry to work as a software developer for almost five years also getting some experience with system administration.

I have been working with Linux for around 10 years, around five years ago I became a full-time Fedora guy and I use it as my main (and only) OS for my desktop and laptops. I also have done a thing or two with CentOS and in the past I have used other Linux distributions.

Lastly, I've been busy writing scientific papers for conferences and journals. I would like to showcase the usage of Fedora as a platform for science; an operating system where you can carry out your experiments, your data analysis, your publishing, etc. The idea I have right now is to document in an article the process of writing a thesis using Fedora. There are many hurdles during the thesis writing period and I think that and article in that topic might motivate many students and give some light at the end of the tunnel.

Looking forward to your comments.