Re: Fedora Handbook - Call for Native Speakers

Brian (bex) Exelbierd píše v Pá 13. 05. 2016 v 22:16 +0200:
> On May 11, 2016, at 11:49 AM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Priyanka Nag píše v St 11. 05. 2016 v 14:16 +0530:
> > > Though I am not a native English speaker, I am a Technical Writer
> > > at
> > > Red Hat and can probably help with this project. Let me know if I
> > > can
> > > be of any help and I will begin working on it accordingly.
> >
> > Hi,
> > you can just fork the repo, make changes and do a pull request.
> > It'd be
> > good to let others know what you're working now right now to
> > prevent
> > situations when several people are working on the same text.
>
> I've submitted PRs for Chapters 01, 02, 03 04 and 06.  I haven't had
> a chance to do much with 04 and 05.
>
> Can you help clarify the target market for this document?

It's for users who are new to Linux and know very little about Linux
and Fedora.
It's stuff we give to users at our conference booth when we shortly
introduce Fedora to someone and he/she wants to learn more. Or we give
it to high school/university students at events such as Open House:
Wanna start with Linux? Take this, it should help you get started.

So it should get a user from learning about Fedora at our booth/event
to having it installed on their computers. It doesn't aim to provide
comprehensive docs of Fedora. Just basic info about concepts, our
values, advantages of Fedora, where to get it, how to install it, how
to install apps, how the desktop works, where to find more info/help.

Jiri