Re: Marketing Weekly Meeting Recap 2016-02-17

Ah. I see.
Okay. Thank you for the explanation.

Cheers,
Sylvia

On Friday, 19 February 2016, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/19/2016 08:19 AM, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:

> Mmm...  So they are articles…?  Or is it something else?
>
> Besides, I'm a bit confused about meetings. When are them? How often?
> This week seemed to me to have two meetings instead of one.

There's a magazine editorial meeting and a regular marketing meeting.

Talking points are for people to get on the same page about a topic. So
for Fedora 24, for instance, talking points might be:

Improved GNOME Experience:

This release GNOME has included features to help make GNOME more usable,
such as ______ and _____. Users with Intel-based video cards now can use
Wayland in 4D mode, for games that not only have 3D graphics, but move
backwards and forwards through time.

Container Development:

The Cloud Working Group has been working to perfect the container
experience in Fedora, and this release includes OpenShift Origin, and
100 new dockerfiles.

# # #

Basically - exactly what the name implies: things we can talk about for
the release -- marketing can use the talking points to firm up the
release announcements, ambassadors can use the talking points when
people ask "what's new in Fedora 24?", and so on.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Community Team, OSAS