Re: [Magazine] Article Edited and Ready for Final Review

CC Neville, it is his interview, I do not feel good to change something and do not ask him

El 07/02/2016 14:51, "Justin W. Flory" <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On 02/07/2016 11:32 AM, charles profitt wrote:
> I just finished editing the Neville Cross article. I want to thank both
> Neville and William Moreno for working on the article; excellent work
> gentlemen.
>
> Here is the link to the article for final review before publication.
> https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=11601&preview_id=11601

Overall, the article looks excellent to me as well. Thanks to all
involved in putting this article together! Thanks Neville, William, and
Charles. :)

I only have one lingering thought on this article -- in the last section
about Software, there are some pretty sharp words said about GNOME.
While I completely agree that constructive criticism is important and it
is a good thing to voice concerns, I don't feel like this Magazine
article is the best place to do it.

Instead of focusing on the negatives of GNOME, I would try to replace it
with some positive thoughts either on the desktop or another
environment. Using positive words over the negative will have a more
resounding impact on the reader and will also reflect well on Fedora.
Since there is such a large readership base for the Magazine, I could
imagine someone reading the last bit and thinking, "Oh, even Fedora
contributors don't even like Fedora!" Obviously this isn't true if you
read the rest of the article, but it can be easy for someone who is
skimming to take things out of context.

However, like I said, overall, I think this is a fantastic article and
is a great testament to the Fedora community. With a little bit of
rephrasing to the bottom portion, I think this article will be ready to
ship on Friday.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory