RE: The future of Shotwell in Fedora

From: Paul W. Frields
Sent: November 30, 2015 16:18
To: marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: The future of Shotwell in Fedora

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 05:40:49PM -0500, charles profitt wrote:

> Hello everyone,

> https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=11005&preview_id=11005&preview=true

> I think I have covered the major points in the thread and the two

> potential replacements that have been mentioned. I was not sure about

> referencing a similar previous look at image viewers that was in Fedora

> Magazine in 2014.

> https://fedoramagazine.org/17-alternatives-to-your-default-image-viewer

> -on-fedora/

I read this draft but I wasn't sure how this figured into our

publishing strategy for the coming weeks.  Personally I think a story

that says "we don't know yet what the next photo app will be, or if

there'll be one" isn't very interesting for the audience.  I don't

think it's helpful to direct thousands of readers to a conversation

where they don't have a lot of context.

It's more useful to me to have a newer look at image viewers than the

previous article.  People already know they have choices, maybe a good

revision would be to show them updates there?

I have to agree with Paul. Perhaps it would be good to angle it as “With Shotwell being forked, it’s future in Fedora may be limited... These {X number of} replacement options are vying for top spot...”

It would be great to include Darktable in with the options as well as it’s one of the most capable tools available to manage photos.

Bryan

Avast logo