[Magazine] Join Day Discussion

Hey all,

This topic stems from an ongoing discussion in the Join SIG mailing list [1] and our Magazine meeting tonight [2] about trying to organize "Join Days" for the different teams in Fedora.

We thought that the Marketing team might be one of the best groups to try putting together a Join Day, particularly with the Magazine. The purpose of a Magazine Join Day would be to try to gain new contributors to the Magazine efforts, not only as writers, but preferably as editors too. On that note...

One of the main concerns that was mentioned in the meeting was attracting more contributors who have trouble with English, where they might have a quality idea, but it increases the work load on the editors to clean and polish up articles to publication-worthy status. I think Paul best summed up the ideal situation with this line:

    "We'd love to have a dozen writers and a dozen editors who can all
    pitch in on an article every month, as opposed to a few people
    doing them once or more a week."

With that in mind, if we do a Join Day, we will likely want to target both people interested in being writers and/or editors.

I'm a little pinched for time so I wanted to get this out before I head out for the next few hours, but hopefully Gabri or Ankur can fill in any major holes I missed.

Thanks!

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-join/2015-October/000385.html [2] https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-10-22/magazine.2015-10-22-21.00.html

--
Cheers,