Re: [Magazine] Closing comments on old articles?

On 10/17/2015 04:55 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
How do folks feel about time-limiting open comments on articles?  We
often see comments coming in on old articles.  We can't reasonably
expect authors to monitor these forever.  It seems to me like 30 days
should be enough time to allow comments, considering the curve of hits
we see on the articles.

What do other folks think?

As one that regularly monitors the comments, and the spam queue (a suprising number of legitimagte comments end up in the spam queue), i think this is a good idea -- we rarely have comments outside this timeframe anyway, so it would not be a big loss, and if it helps out our few authors, Im for it.

+1 from me.

cheers,
ryanlerch