Re: Help us rebrand rawhide

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Matthew Miller" <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Jonathan Corbet" <corbet@xxxxxxx>

> > I'd say forget about the name; it's one with some good history and name
> > recognition.  Instead, rehabilitate it.  Show the world that developers
> > *do* care about whether Rawhide actually works and that they actually
> > want to see bug reports.  Then people might actually start coming back.
>
> All of the above said, I'm cautiously open to this possibility, if if
> there's agreement that we can make it work.

I'm +1 to this vs. finding a new name. Returning Rawhide to its "former glory"
is much more interesting than picking a new name and trying to explain that
to users and all the work that goes with that. (Both are going to be work,
but I prefer the work of "let's fix Rawhide and tell that story to the world,"
over "let's fix Rawhide and rename it."

Best,

jzb
--