Re: RFC: Marketing collateral plan

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 10:34:35AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> >3. Level 3 - Advanced Fedora users:
> >Fedora users that are developers, upstreams, system admins, and so on.
> >They care about lower level changes - what's changed in systemd,
> >yum/dnf and so on.
> Why would you market Fedora to folks who are already users and who
> are advanced users? What is the goal there? (Obviously not to get
> them to try it?)

I can think of several:

* Convince them to move from advanced user to contributor

* Help enable them to be ambassadors (either in our official sense or
  more informally as advocates to other potential users)

* Simply to reinforce / retain loyalty

> Folks who are already users / advanced users aren't going to use a
> flyer or any printed / PDF document as a primary source for
> information. There are much better ways to reach these folks.

Yeah, maybe paper isn't the best approach for this category.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>