Re: Duplicate Posts in the Fedora Magazine

On 04/05/2015 06:14 PM, Mohammad Matini wrote:
Greetings,

While looking at older articles on the Fedora Magazine, I found a number
of duplicate posts.

 From what I've seen so far, the duplicate posts are identical to the
original posts, except they have different author names.
They also have identical URLs, with an added '-2' in the end.

The versions without the '-2' have more social media shares and
comments, although the comments are sometimes duplicated too.

I don't have an exact number for the duplicates, but I've found around
10 so far.

I wounder what the reason might be for the duplication, and what can be
done about it.

Some examples are,
http://fedoramagazine.org/how-to-select-and-set-default-applications-in-fedora/
http://fedoramagazine.org/how-to-select-and-set-default-applications-in-fedora-2/

http://fedoramagazine.org/five-things-in-fedora-this-week-2014-03-25/
http://fedoramagazine.org/five-things-in-fedora-this-week-2014-03-25-2/

http://fedoramagazine.org/five-things-in-fedora-this-week-2014-04-01/
http://fedoramagazine.org/five-things-in-fedora-this-week-2014-04-01-2/

http://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-21-to-ship-the-3-16-linux-kernel-and-a-smaller-minimal-install-set/
http://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-21-to-ship-the-3-16-linux-kernel-and-a-smaller-minimal-install-set-2/

Best regards,
Mohammad Matini

Thanks for bringing this up Mohammad!

I had noticed this too, once we started putting the related articles on the right -- i had been deleting them as i cam across them, and thought i had got them all -- but will now double check!

I think these are artifacts from an import a while back that duplicated the posts. :(

--ryanlerch