Re: Fedora-sponsored specials: All Things Open

We CANNOT sell these. We should help Linux New Media by promoting these: http://fedoramagazine.org/free-from-xp-with-fedora/

Here's the background:
Additional notes:

> > * We can't sell these magazines or do anything that could affect Linux New
> > Media magazine sales - they are intended for ambassadors & employees to
> > give away at booths/meetups/etc.
> > * We cannot post the content online; however, LNM folks are very
> > reasonable, and if we wanted to use some of our content on the Fedora
> > wiki, for example (with links to the magazine, etc.), I could probably
> > talk them into that. In any case, I'm sure they'll let us post all of our
> > content on our sites after the magazine sales have died down (~6 months
> > after publishing), but we need to get that in writing if we want to do
> > that later.
> > * As part of our agreement, we are supposed to help promote the magazine
> > and ideally help sales - this is good for us, too, because it raises the
> > visibility of Fedora as an option for people who are moving away from XP,
> > etc. We'll want to tell ambassadors to let attendees know that they can
> > get extra copies online or newsstands if they have
> > friends/relatives/colleagues who see their copies and want to purchase
> > additional ones. Also, if anyone is interested in buying bulk copies
> > (professors, for examples), LNM would work out discount pricing. Their
> > customer service folks can arrange that or I can help forward requests to
> > the right people.

Rikki Endsley  | Community Evangelist
Open Source and Standards (OSAS), Red Hat

http://community.redhat.com/
Twitter: @redhatopen | @rikkiends