Re: [Fedora-legal-list] Copyright Submission Proposal

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 06:13:00PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 02:29:39PM -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> > Yes, to summarize what happened on this thread earlier in the day, I worked
> > with Amanda Newby to create a footer and terms of use that were based on
> > the ones we used for opensource.com. At some point in a migration or
> > upgrade or something, they both evaporated and were replaced with
> > "Copyright Fedora Magazine," which obviously needed to be fixed. But if
> > osdc has switched up to CC 4, maybe we should revisit for FM as well?
>
> Ruth, I notice that many opensource.com articles have a little CC-BY-SA logo
> at the bottom. Are *you* using the Wordpress license plugin (as in
> https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/159 which started all this)?

Just to bring up some ancient history, I believe Fedora Legal
determined that the terms applicable to the CC logos were inconsistent
with Fedora legal policies. I'm not sure whether that view was revised
or whether it even applies to Fedora Magazine.

- RF