Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: fedoramagazin banner

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 07:46:01PM +0200, Joerg Simon wrote:
> On 11.10.2013 16:28, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 03:43:38PM +0200, S.Kemter wrote:
> >> just a question who is responsible for that horrible blurred banner on
> >> fedoramagazine? Would you please set it to the correct size.
> >
> > Not sure which banner you're referring to, but probably would be best if
> > we refrain from describing things as "horrible" when referring to other
> > folks' work.
>
> <i am sorry for interrupting the productivity of this list - but i have
> to speak up here>
>
> Joe, so you silenced him in public - bad style - let me reply the same.

I didn't "silence" anyone, I made a request that we not refer to other
folks' work as "horrible." In the future, I'll consider taking that
offline, though, so point taken.

> He is right - and you have not even tried to understand him -just to be
> the first to play your manager-role. I have no idea about screen-design
> etc. but looking at the banner - the whole banner is resizing with the
> ratio of your screen - indeed horrible.

I'm not seeing the issue he's referring to, it's not happening (or not
visible) to me on my system.

> With all due respect - maybe i am wrong - i only heared about you from
> your former different FOSS-*Jobs* and from a post where you applauded
> the Fedora Board to not include a Security-Tool into Fedora, but i am
> almost certain you have not contributed this much artwork to the Fedora
> Project as Sirko did. Sirko is a fellow contributor with a lot
> enthusiasm and is respected for his excellent skills and work - and if
> *horrible* is an offensive word ... come on, you had to silence or fire
> a lot people - e.g. read bug-reports to learn some more.

No, I haven't contributed a lot of artwork to Fedora - and, most likely,
it would be "horrible" if I tried. I'll stick to writing, organizing,
and other things I'm actually decent at.

And I'm well-aware that worse language is used in bug reports, and
elsewhere - but that doesn't mean it's actually OK, just that it doesn't
get called out often enough. I think it's entirely possible to point out
something in error without saying it's "horrible."

Example: "Hey, the banner on Fedora Magazine doesn't look quite right on
my system. It's showing up resized wrong. Can someone fix this?"

Cheers,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat
jzb@xxxxxxxxxx | http://community.redhat.com/