Re: Questions about Release notes

I do not understand French. Still, I can say that they look nice.

On Oct 20, 2012 4:26 PM, "Couret Charles-Antoine" <cacouret@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
My name is Charles-Antoine Couret and I am a Fedora ambassador. Since
Fedora 16, I write the announce in French for the new Fedora release.
I requested the « docs » team about this subject one month ago, but for
them, the marketing team was more appropriate.

I find the release notes in English are too succinct. It's impossible
for the main public to understand these announces and they are too short
for the advanced users who want more details with the release (Fedora is
not only a GNOME update) and it's important for them because the
announce can differentiate itself from other systems like Ubuntu,
Mandriva, OpenSuse, etc.
Fedora have the improvements to explain this difference and attract
usersand advanced users.

My method may scare the lambda user, I know that, but I am not convinced
in that user are targeted by these announces in general.

What is your opinion on it ? More details or less details ? Writing 2
announces, one by public ? You have more experience than me in this
domain and I think your opinion is important.

I know to write announce is difficult, I respect your work and your
choice. ;)

You can read my work in these pages :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Renault/Promotion/Fedora_15
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Renault/Promotion/Fedora_16
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Renault/Promotion/Fedora_17

Thank you for giving me your opinion on the subject.
Charles-Antoine Couret — Renault