Re: Helping to improve advertising of test days and other things

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 10:49 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> ....OK.
>

> If we can develop a tool which automatically does this,I think more
> tester will be available.
>
> I used launchpad when I used ubuntu in 2008-2009,and when an error
> occured,a tool in ubuntu will send all dumps online waiting for fix.

We already have abrt which does this. When an application crashes, abrt
will generate you a back trace and also file a bug at our bugzilla
instance. Fedora even runs a "retrace server" that you can use to
generate your back traces if you have limited bandwidth and don't want
to download all the required debuginfo packages.

It's helpful for bug filing, not quite for *all* testing though, since
we'd like to test software *before* it's pushed to the stable
repositories. Abrt cannot help with other testing like our F18
alpha/test candidates too.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,