Re: Love and feeding of marketing team.

On 10/13/2011 08:05 PM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 15:31 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> <snip>
>> In short, just two questions:
>>
>> 1: Who's interested in coming to marketing meetings again, and working
>> on release-related activities?
>>
>> 2: Does anyone have any new and cool ideas in the marketing area that we
>> can pick up and work on?
>>
>> I'm here with my marketing defibrillators! Let's get it back together,
>> folks. I'd like to just pick up with getting back at least on the
>> meeting train next Tuesday, and we can adjust the time and whatnot if
>> necessary as we go forward.
>>
>> Other thoughts or comments are welcomed. Flames too. I'm expecting those. :)
>>
>> -Robyn
> NOt flames, just Love!
>
> I would like to help, my only concern is that marketing meetings were
> scheduled on my work time, so most of the time I was not available to
> participate.
>
> I remember great meetings were things were getting done as we proceeded,
> that was a huge motivator, at least for me. Getting to read the minutes,
> and then looking for something to tackle, was far less attractive.
>
> I hope defibrillation includes a revision on the meeting time.
Okay. I think that a revision is something we can probably pick up as a
point of discussion, but I think at least for our first meeting back
we'll keep it where it was (if nothing else, to keep the confusion level
low). I've tried moving it in the past, but it's always proved to be
just... really, really ugly in terms of accommodating everyone. We can
certainly attempt it again, but I'd like to get some steam goin' while
we got it. :)

-r