Re: SWOT - Comparative Analysis

Commenting all in one stroke:

1. Competition > ok I will try not to write it and I apologise beforehand if it pops out again. I'll try to keep the concept only into my mind.

2. Open Marketing > Nice concept, it does has a couple of flaws and i do disagree with a couple of things on the article mentioned. Not to go technical, but if one tries to dig up in academical papers the therm 'Marketing Concept', there a zillion of definitions for it, a sad one was chosen to illustrate it. But it's a nice concept, and like most things in FOSS, it completly out of the box if we consider industry as a standard.

3. Cooperation > This is something I trully believe, but at my eyes this will bring many problems accross projects. Cooperation between distro's already exists I believe, and in many points it can be reinforced. Following Robyn idea, could be nice to see openSUSE and Fedora working together in shared objectives.

4. Me, myself and I > Like I said before, I haven't come from a FOSS culture, neither I can honestly understand it... For me it was always a tool to accomplish a task. I disagree in many things, but most arguments will vanish when crossed with the operational results that Fedora can show... In fact, FOSS has tools that if were correctly used in many corporate environment they would be outstanding. I can't sync my head to work against concepts that will be present in most of my professional life, all I can do is to minimize their impact on communities like this one.

A thought... many would probably heard the _expression_:

 "Split to conquer" - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

It's something I believe trully in, at least in a corporate environment, on FOSS that has absolutly no meaning... because the true strength is actually in union. Only this tears down half of my world... so in future if I use wording as 'competition' or any other therm, please don't take it as a separatist speech or anything liek that... because on the back there's a couple of concepts that make me see it that way. It's not an agression to the community, and please if it happens, try to read in a different way.

--
nelson marques
nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx