Re: Self-Introduction: (Manuel Escudero)

On 04/28/2010 03:23 AM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Hello, My Name is Manuel Escudero and I'm from Mexico, I live in Mexico
> City. My Fedora Account System username is jmlevick

Welcome, Manuel! I've sponsored your membership in the Marketing FAS group.

> I was wondering about the future you as a team have planned for fedora
> in all the major aspects.

Fedora (both the Marketing team and the project as a whole) tends to be
a place where planning happens from the bottom-up more than the top-down
- several people sharing ideas, saying "oh, I'm also interested in
that!" and then teaming up to make it happen. You can see some of the
ideas people are working on now at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Projects, but also please feel
free to propose your own ideas and areas of interest, or team up with
others - for instance, perhaps you'd be interested in working with Robyn
on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_research, or with Garland on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Keyword_optimization.

> I would like to share with you my most recent Linux Anecdote, it is some
> kind of report about the FlisoL Here in México City:

It sounds like you may also be interested in the Ambassadors team,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors. They are the team in Fedora
that goes out to events and represents Fedora at conferences.

You mentioned interest in doing a spin - perhaps you'd be interested in
working on making marketing resources for spins as a whole? (Doing your
own spin and showcasing its marketing as an example, then showing how
other spins can do the same, is a great way to start.) Our current spins
site is http://spins.fedoraproject.org, and the Spins SIG
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins) can answer other (more
technical) questions about the spin creation process.

You're also joining at an exciting time; we are just a few weeks away
from the Fedora 13 release date (May 18), and are finishing up our
release deliverables
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables - not all
of them have been documented yet). One thing that would be great to
have, that we did last time, is a localization of the one page release
notes (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes). They
are not finished yet, but you can see the ones from the last release
cycle (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_one_page_release_notes)
as well as the translation
(http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Conoce_Fedora_12, thank you Neville and
Tatica!) Is this something you might be interested in working on?

If you're available on IRC during our Marketing Meeting times
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings, 20:00 UTC in
#fedora-mktg), those are great times to listen in on what's going on and
jump in to help. But also drop by anytime - many of us are often around
the #fedora-mktg channel at nearly any hour of the day and eager to help
new folks get started. If you're new to IRC, see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRCHowTo or just ask on this
list (we take questions here too!)

Cheers, and welcome - hope to see you around!

--Mel (mchua on IRC)