Re: Something more about Fedora 13... and YOUTUBE.

> There should be some section somewhere that clearly states what can
> and can't be used in videos, namely logos and screenshots.  That will
> help to prevent confusion on the part of content creators.

We have http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines, and
could always use feedback on how to make it clearer and easier to read. ;)

>>> 2)  We should unquestionably show support for their work.  If they do
>>> not receive any forms of feedback, they may lose interest.
>>
>> Indeed, but the main question is actually how should we provide such?
>> Should we contact authors who make freelance work and ask them if we can
>> distribute their work also? I mean, some of those videos are pretty
>> awesome, we could probably establish a protocol with people (or some
>> other non-formal way) to encourage their work, maybe before we make big
>> news public with our press releases, make the info available to known
>> media partners so they have something to work for?
>
> Providing feedback can be done through commenting on videos and
> inviting content creators to the marketing list, as they may not
> already be aware it exists.  If the content creators' work is not on
> Internet Archive, asking them if we may redistribute their video may
> not be a bad idea.

+1 to both here. I think, more than anything else, we need a person (or
a group of people) to sit down and say "okay, there's some great video
out there; we're going to take an hour to sprint and send emails to all
the awesome Fedora video creators we find asking them if we can
distribute their work, with instructions on how they can license their
work so that we can do exactly that." Process is great if it helps
people get stuff done, but ultimately someone's got to step up to do the
doing. :)

> Keeping media partners in the loop (and ahead of it, in some ways)
> would definitely be a good idea.  They could provide extra hype before
> the official releases.

Yep. I think Zonker's Classroom session from yesterday had some
excellent suggestions here.

> One such person who could potentially bring a lot of traffic to Fedora
> is a man by the name of Chris Pirillo.  He's a YouTube vlogger who
> talks about technology.  His YouTube channel is here:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/lockergnome
>
> With over 120,000 subscribers, contacting him about promoting Fedora
> 13 wouldn't be a bad place to start.

If someone does this, please Cc the list so the rest of us know what's
going on (and Chris Pirillo doesn't get a dozen almost-identical
messages from members of the Fedora Marketing team)!

These are great thoughts. How do we do something with them? :)

--Mel