Re: Mumble

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 18:30 -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> What is wrong with the existing asterisk service for this purpose?
>
> Jon, on his cell.

 Nothing and Everything. I'm sorry to say, but to use
mumble/ventrilo/teamspeak, which handle hundreds of clients (not sure on
mumble, but Teamspeak and Ventrilo can do it) and provide decent
features, would just make us a bit more closer to each other.

 I'm using this for years in several game communities (I've also helped
a Northern American provider based in Illinois with their
infra-structure in the past, 2004-2007).

 This would just make us closer I guess and communicate in real time. As
long as you have internet connection and some kind of microphone (all
laptops should be prepared for this under rough conditions), you can
communicate jsut like in IRC, but through voice).

 Even on those days when we're off work we can speak a bit about
everything and nothing if we have such service available, chill out,
laugh a bit with each other... The possibilities are kinda infinite.

 I guess ease of usage would a great pro. Asterisk has different goals
from this. Anyway, was just a suggestion. I was going to actually
mention Ventrilo, but found this open source software which seems to be
pretty good as well.

 nelson.