An advisory board conversation that might be of interest

Marketing folks - if you want a meditative breather from working on release deliverables, there is a conversation on the f-a-b list that might be of interest, in terms of thinking about the context of the big picture that we work within.

The subject line is "What is the Fedora Project?" and it starts at https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-October/msg00002.html. It's quite long (109 messages as of this writing), so wrap up whatever deliverables you're working on first (for me, it was a couple FUDCon tickets) and then settle back with a cup of tea to read and have a good think. After reading, if there are any insights that you'd like to share, please share them on f-a-b so they become part of the main conversation - I'm looking forward to hearing what people have to say. If you want to stay quiet and watch, listen, and learn, that's totally fine as well (that's what I'm doing now). It's an amazing conversation, and an ongoing, very-long-term thing, and there's much to think about in terms of how we want to lead and shape our own work in the here and now.

I also wanted to call out a specific question from John that seemed relevant to the discussions we've been having on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_research lately:

"CALLING ANY EXPERTS OR INDUSTRY FOLKS: Are there any product marketing or brand people out there that can suggest some good methodology or an approach to defining a target audience that is more efficient than our approach thus far?

IOW, what is the simplest way to define and explain our "target audience" without creating a wiki page that is 15 paragraphs long and 25 questions to answer?" (from https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-October/msg00148.html)

So if folks here have some thoughts on that, that may be a particularly useful thing to chime into the f-a-b discussion with.

Cheers,

--Mel