Re: Fedora Insight: FWN experimentation

Simon's got pretty much everything else covered, so...

3) We need to decision what level to create news items at. If there is a
desire to continue FWN as a identifiable entity, there would be value in
presenting news stories at the beat[1] level, and marked and tagged as
such. People could subscribe to FWN content by subscribing to anything
tagged as FWN, and using the categories, people could do the same as well

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats

+1 to continuing FWN as an identifiable entity - fwiw, I agree that a beat is the right level to chunk content into (as opposed to "all of FWN in one post" or "individual items within a beat each make up their own numerous tiny posts"). Not sure how that works out with categories and tags, but I'm sure that it will rock, however you folks decide to make it happen zikula-wise. ;)

I plan to attend FUDCon Toronto in December and hopefully we can spend
some quality time hacking on this on the Sunday and Monday.

+100! I really think this FUDCon is going to leapfrog us ahead in terms of Cool Content Things by making it far easier to do so - with zikula as a platform to work from and marketing research to help us figure out where to aim, we're actually starting to gather and build an infrastructure and a set of tools for Doing Fedora Marketing. Sweet.

Abe Lincoln once said "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." We're coming out with Axe v.1.0 right now. ;)

--Mel