Re: Please Help: Voice Wanted!

I'm currently preparing an interview with the infrastructure team,
working on getting a time together right now, so the next few steps
for me are: a) finalise some times b) get some great questions put
together c) record it d) edit/transcribe it e) publish

This may be less immediately useful, but as someone with severe hearing loss, I *really* appreciate transcriptions and try to make it as easy as possible for others to provide them, so to minimize the work for (d), good tools help.

Obviously I'm pretty useless at transcribing audio files myself, but I've heard that others find Transcriber useful: http://trans.sourceforge.net/en/features.php (There are other software packages like http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/ that will run on Linux, but they're not open-source.)

I'm checking right now to see if transcriber is in Fedora. If it isn't, I've got me a packaging project. :) In general, if there is ever anything I can do to make things that will make it easier for people to transcribe things like these interviews/podcasts, please let me know!

--Mel "accessibility is win!" Chua